PTA Application Process
Application Process: Physical Therapy Assistant
Admission to the PTA program will require that the applicant meet with an Admissions Representative. To find a representative that can assist you with admission requirements for the PTA program, you can visit this link for our contact information: www.westerntech.edu/contact-us. Please note that the PTA program is only offered at the Diana Branch Campus. These requirements are also listed on the application form under the“PTA Application Download" link below.
The PTA Program is a competitive process, and the application does not guarantee admission into the program. Deadline for the submission of all materials will be noted on the actual application form. The start-date for each PTA class will typically be the last Monday of June each year and this date will also be noted on the application form.
- A minimum of 18 years of age
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Evidence of a 2.5 GPA or greater from official transcripts in secondary (typically "highschool") or postsecondary education (if applicable) submitted to the address above directly from the institution. Copies submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
- A minimum score of 130 on the CPAt Test with minimum scores for each section: 42 points in Language Usage, 43 points in Reading Skills and 41 points in Numerical Skills.
- Completion of 50 volunteer hours in at least two clinical settings (see forms)
- Two letters of recommendation from appropriate sources (i.e. previous employers, teachers, instructors/mentors, etc. Unacceptable sources are family members, friends, colleagues, etc.)
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- Deadline for application submission will be noted on the actual Application Form
- PTA application form
- All volunteer hour forms
- All letter of recommendation forms
- Official transcripts (submitted directly from the institution)
- Copy of your receipt for the application fee ($25)
An up-to-date immunization record
Initiate the Hepatitis B vaccine or sign the declination form
An acceptable criminal background check completed (at the applicant’s expense)
“Healthcare Provider” CPR certification through the American Heart Association (at the applicant’s expense)
Signature agreement to the following forms: Health Examination Form for Practitioner, Consent Form for Laboratory Activities, Consent to Participate form. Medical Release form, Student Accommodations form, Consent to Schedule form and Receipt of the Addendum to the Student Handbook form.
Forms you need to begin the application process:
Letter of Recommendation Form:
Download the complete volunteer form (85KB PDF)