Code of Ethics for Student Financial Aid
Western Technical College adopts as its own the Statement of Ethical Principles of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, which provides:
“The primary goal of the Student Financial Services Department is to help students achieve their educational potential by providing appropriate financial resources.”
The Student Financial Services Department shall:
- Make every effort to meet the demonstrated needs of all students enrolled at Western Technical College to the extent that funding will permit in an ethical manner.
- Help students seek, obtain, and make the best use of all financial resources available.
- Educate students and families through quality consumer information.
- Apply all needs analysis formulas consistently across Western Technical College's full population of student financial aid applicants.
- Refrain from and discourage others from making any public announcement of the amount or type of financial aid awarded to a student in order to protect the confidentiality of the economic circumstances of the student and his/her family.
- Respect the confidentiality of student records. Information shall be released only on the written consent of the student and/or his/her family and all policies and procedures should protect the student's rights of privacy.
- Recognize the need for professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- Refrain from taking any action for his/her personal benefit. To include accepting anything of other than a nominal value from any lending institution, student, or prioritizing lenders on Western Technical College's lender list based on personal gain.
- Not take any action that he/she believes is contrary to law, regulations, or the best interests of Western Technical College, its students and parents that he/she serves.
Adopted by Western Technical College, 2009