Skip to content
Request Info Icon - Western Tech - El Paso, TX Request Information
Request Information Request Info Icon - Western Tech - El Paso, TX


We Value Your Privacy We know you are anxious to get started on your new career. By pressing the button in the form on this page, I understand that Western Technical College may call and/or text me about educational services at the phone number provided, including a wireless number, using automated technology. Your information will only be used by Western Technical College. We do not and will not sell your information to any other party. Please note, that you are not required to provide this consent to attend our institutions.

General Information: 1-800-225-5984
Career Training Programs: 1-866-297-6127


From robots used in manufacturing to electronics used in biomedical equipment, Electronics Technicians keep our world running.

If you’ve always been a person who loves to take things apart, see how they work, and then put them back together, a career in Electronics Engineering could be a perfect fit for you.

Our Electronics Engineering Technology program is hands-on, where you’ll use state-of-the-art equipment to learn how to test, maintain and repair electronic equipment and systems used in automation, pneumatics, robotics and more. Programmable logic controllers, control circuits, digital circuits … you’ll learn how to use them all!

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of Electronic Engineering is projected to grow by 7 percent through 2026. Your training in the Electronics Engineering Technology program at Western Technical College can prepare you for a variety of opportunities in a variety of industries.

Is a Career in Electronics Engineering Technology Right for You?

Take the “Western Technical College Electronics Engineering Technology Career Training Readiness Quiz”

The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Electronics Engineering Technology Career Training Readiness score now!


Flexible Schedules. We know life can be hectic and that is why we offer three flexible schedules to choose from. Attend classes around what works best for you and choose from day, afternoon or evening classes. For day, afternoon and evening classes, you can complete your Electronics Engineering training in just 20 months!

Hybrid Program. Our Electronics Engineering Program is a hybrid program that combines the elements of traditional face to face learning with the flexibility of online learning. 80% of your training will be in the classroom (one day online) and the other 20% will be spent in the shop. You’re virtually getting the best of both worlds!

Internship Opportunities: Before you graduate from the Electronics Engineering Technology program, the time will come for you to put the skills you learned in the classroom and apply them in a Real World setting! As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work hands on in a professional environment, network with other professionals in your field, explore different careers, and build your resume. You will have a dedicated Internship Coordinator that will personally work with you and many of our industry partners to provide you the exposure and experience you need to get ready for the Real World.

Certifications. After completing your Electronics Engineering courses, you’ll be fully prepared to test for these professional certifications:

  • Associate Level Certified Electronics Technician from ISCET and/or ETA
  • Industrial Journeyman from ISCET
  • High-Reliability Soldering J-STD-001 from IPC
  • Certified Fiber Optic Technician from FOA
  • CompTIA A+ and Network+


Electronics Engineering Technician
Manufacturing Technician
Automation Technician
Electronics Technician
Test Technician
Electronics Repair Technician
Bench Technician
Utilities Electronic Technician
Fiber-Optic Technician
Repair Technician


Equipped for Your Success

Signal Generators
Nida Computer-aided Electronics Trainers
Robotics Trainers
Pneumatics Trainer
Programmable Logic Controllers
Fiber-Optic Termination Equipment and Fusion Splicers
Soldering Equipment
ESD-Protected Workbenches

Additional Program Details

Additional Program Details can be found on our disclosures page.