Skip to content
Request Info Icon - Western Tech - El Paso, TX Request Information
Request Information Request Info Icon - Western Tech - El Paso, TX


We Value Your Privacy We know you are anxious to get started on your new career. By pressing the button in the form on this page, I understand that Western Technical College may call and/or text me about educational services at the phone number provided, including a wireless number, using automated technology. Your information will only be used by Western Technical College. We do not and will not sell your information to any other party. Please note, that you are not required to provide this consent to attend our institutions.


From robots used in manufacturing to electronics used in biomedical equipment, Electronics Technicians keep our world running.

If you’ve always been a person who loves to take things apart, see how they work, and then put them back together, a career in Electronics Engineering could be a perfect fit for you.

Interested in an Electronic Engineering Degree? Our program is hands-on, where you’ll use state-of-the-art equipment to learn how to test, maintain and repair electronic equipment and systems used in automation, pneumatics, robotics and more. Programmable logic controllers, control circuits, digital circuits … you’ll learn how to use them all!

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of Electronic Engineering is projected to grow by 7 percent through 2026*. Your training at Western Technical College for the Electronic Engineering Degree can prepare you for a variety of opportunities in a variety of industries.

Virtual Appointments Available

Fields marked with an * are required

By submitting this form, you give express written consent for Western Technical College to contact you regarding our programs and services using email, telephone, or text. Message and data rates may apply. For more information: 1-800-225-5984 or 1-866-297-6127.

I understand *


Flexible Schedules: We know life can be hectic and that is why we offer three flexible schedules to choose from. Attend classes around what works best for you and choose from day, afternoon or evening classes and complete your training in just 19 months!

Hybrid Program: Our Electronics Engineering Program is a hybrid program that combines the elements of traditional face to face learning with the flexibility of online learning. 80% of your training will be in the classroom (one day online) and the other 20% will be spent online. You’re virtually getting the best of both worlds!

Internship Opportunities: Before you graduate from the Electronics Engineering Technology program, the time will come for you to put the skills you learned in the classroom and apply them in a Real World setting! As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work hands on in a professional environment, network with other professionals in your field, explore different careers, and build your resume. You will have a dedicated Internship Coordinator that will personally work with you and many of our industry partners to provide you the exposure and experience you need to get ready for the Real World.

Certifications: After completing your Electronics Engineering courses, you’ll be fully prepared to test for these professional certifications:

  • ISCET Associate Certified Electronics Technician
  • ETA Associate Certified Electronics Technician
  • ISCET Industrial Journeyman
  • FOA Fiber Optic Association
  • IPC Soldering Certification
  • IPC Wire Harness Certification
  • OSHA Certification

CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - Electronic Engineering Degree

Electronics Engineering Technician
Manufacturing Technician
Automation Technician
Electronics Technician
Test Technician
Electronics Repair Technician
Bench Technician
Utilities Electronic Technician
Fiber-Optic Technician
Repair Technician

* Bureau of Labor Statistics


Equipped for Your Success

Signal Generators
Nida Computer-aided Electronics Trainers
Robotics Trainers
Pneumatics Trainer
Programmable Logic Controllers
Fiber-Optic Termination Equipment and Fusion Splicers
Soldering Equipment
ESD-Protected Workbenches

Additional Program and Outcomes Details

Additional Program and Outcomes Details can be found on our disclosures page.