VA BENEFITS CHECKLIST
Once you are registered to attend Western Technical College, it will necessary to provide the documents listed below:
- Copy of your current (issued in last 6 months) “Certificate of Eligibility (received from the VA after completing form 22-1990 at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ see below) [Form 22-1995: Change of Program or Place of Training for those students who have used their benefits in the past.]
- Joint Service Transcripts (military transcripts) (Unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Army (AARTS transcript): https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do
- Navy & Marine Corps (SMART Transcript): https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do
- Air Force (CCAF Transcript): https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247/community-college-of-the-air-force-transcripts/
- Coast Guard (CGI Transcript): http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cgi
(Transcript requests can be found at: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do)
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copy is acceptable) from all previously attended post-secondary school(s), (anything above high school).
NOTE: It is important to provide these documents.
If you have attended any post-secondary training, your certification to the VA will be delayed until all transcript(s) are received.
If you have not attended any college level program, please send a letter or email stating that you do not have previous college education to report.
Please provide the above-mentioned items as soon as possible. You can send the documents either by fax, e-mail, or regular mail.
If you have not applied for your VA benefits online, you will need to go https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ The Certificate of Eligibility, will be sent from the VA after they complete the processing of your online application.