PUT YOUR CAREER IN OVERDRIVE!
Learn From the Best: Western Tech’s Automotive Technology program is more than just an auto mechanic school it is one of the few private career schools in the nation to offer an Automotive Technician program that is Master Level Accredited by the ASE Education Foundation, a division of the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
Flexible Schedules: We know life can be hectic and that is why we offer three flexible schedules to choose from. Attend classes around what works best for you and choose from day, afternoon or evening classes. For day, afternoon and evening classes, you can complete your training in just 20 months!
Fast Track Program: Our Fast-Track program is driving futures forward…faster! You will be graduating before you know it, allowing you to start working and doing what you love in ½ the time. Complete your training in as little as t 13.5 months! Ask us how!
Hybrid Program: Our Automotive Technology program is a hybrid program that combines the elements of traditional face to face learning with the flexibility of online learning. 80% of your training will be in the classroom and shop and the other 20% will be online. You’re virtually getting the best of both worlds!
Internship Opportunities: Before you graduate from the Automotive Technology program, the time will come for you to put the skills you learned in the classroom and apply them in a Real World setting! As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work hands on in a professional environment, network with other professionals in your field, explore different careers, and build your resume. You will have a dedicated Internship Coordinator that will personally work with you and many of our industry partners to provide you the exposure and experience you need to get ready for the Real World.
Certifications: As an automotive technician student you will have the opportunity to graduate with 3 certifications in any of the 8 ASE subject areas below:
- A1-Engine Repair
- A2-Automatic Transmissions/Transaxles
- A3-Manual Drive Train and Axles
- A4- Suspension and Steering
- A5-Brake Systems
- A6-Electrical/Electronic Systems
- A7-Heating and Air Conditioning
- A8-Engine Performance
Official College for Don Schumacher Racing: Every race season, 12 students get interviewed and selected to enjoy completing their internship hours on a 3-4-week race tour with the DSR team! Talk about Real World training! Upon completion, students have the opportunity to be hired on by one of Don Schumacher’s 7 teams! What a rush!
Quality Tools: Western Tech takes great pride in the quality of the equipment being used. We partner up with the best of the best. Upon successful completion of all graduation requirements, as you head out into the REAL WORLD to complete your internship, you will receive a fully equipped MATCO Master Tool Box for you to keep.
MOPAR CAP LOCAL SCHOOL TRAINING
Put your education into overdrive with Mopar Cap Local Training! Western Tech’s Automotive Technology program offers original equipment manufacturer (OEM) training for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA). Our online modules will set you apart from other applicants in the industry and provide you with an opportunity to begin working at any FCA dealership across the country as a Level 2 Technician.
TOYOTA’S TECHNICIAN EDUCATION COLLEGE SUPPORT (TECS) PROGRAM
Western Tech’s one of kind Automotive Technology program is NOW participating in Toyota’s Technician Education College Support (TECS) program. This nationwide recognized program will offer the students in our auto program a chance to become a Toyota Maintenance Level Certified Technician.
Not only will you receive this recognition once you graduate, throughout the program, you will also train and have access to Toyota’s Technical Information System (TIS), their Technician eLearning courses, and have opportunities of employment at local dealerships.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRAINING
The Automotive Technology degree programs include elective classes based on your particular area of interest. Choose training courses that cover engines weighing one ton or less in Light Duty Diesel or rev up your training by taking courses in Performance Tuning. You’re the driver in this seat!
Light Duty Diesel– Calling all gearheads! In these elective courses, you’ll learn how to modify and accessorize a light-duty diesel-powered vehicle.
Performance Tuning– Learn to work with sophisticated electronic computer control systems to produce excellent power and response while maintaining optimum gas mileage and emissions.